Thank you so much for your interest in employment opportunities with Our State. Our State magazine is an 80-year-old statewide publication featuring North Carolina travel, history, people, and places. Located in Greensboro, N.C., Our State is a progressive company that offers a stimulating working environment.
Retail Products Director
Our State magazine is searching for a dynamic, self-motivated, entrepreneur to serve as our Retail Products Director. As part of the Our State Store team, you will be responsible for managing and growing the retail division of Our State magazine.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in business, retail, and marketing, with significant management, customer service, and ecommerce experience. Primary responsibilities for this full-time position include:
- Develop and implement a strategic growth plan to increase sales and profitability
- Evaluate and implement order and inventory management software
- Manage and monitor inventory at multiple locations
- Create and implement a purchase order system to include vendor orders, inventory and invoice receiving, and accounts payable processing
- Prepare and analyze sales and inventory reports
- Work with product developer to research and select high-quality new, classic, and custom products
- Coordinate promotions and special events (some evening and weekend hours may be required)
- Work with store staff and graphic designer to create print and digital marketing materials, including writing clear and compelling copy
- Maintain effective working relationships and open communication with editorial, sales, and other departments
- Oversee and maintain exemplary customer service
- Manage the Our State store staff
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of the Our State brand and the products that will appeal to our readers
- Ability to market and promote products through traditional, digital, and social media channels
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must have a high energy level and an outgoing personality
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Advanced computer skills to include proficiency in Excel and database management, basic HTML knowledge, and ecommerce platforms
- College degree and minimum of 5 years experience in retail, customer service, ecommerce, or related field
Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com or Human Resources, Attn: Retail Products Director, P.O. Box 4552, Greensboro, N.C. 27404.
Our State magazine, a 80-year-old publication, located in Greensboro, N.C., is a progressive company which offers a stimulating working environment for a successful, self-motivated sales professional. We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing self-starter, who is tenacious and resilient, with at least 3 years of sales experience and a passion for North Carolina. Recent track record of media sales is a big plus, as are relationships within the North Carolina area.
Responsibilities will include prospecting, developing persuasive pitches, securing and managing new business, as well as meeting and exceeding sales quotas. Strong work ethic with exceptional written and verbal communication skills a must. Ability to work within a professional, team-oriented environment. Send resume to Human Resources, PO Box 4552, Greensboro, NC 27404 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our State offers internships during fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Internships positions are for 10 hours a week, unpaid, and offer opportunity for experience in several areas: research, proofing, writing, and editing. Interns also help with fact-checking, indexing, assembling copy for our website, and other general duties. Our State interns work closely with the editorial team and have the opportunity to produce portfolio-worthy clips.
We prefer students who are pursuing a degree in journalism or English. Experience working on a student or local publication is a huge plus.
Students interested in applying for an internship should send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to the Editorial Department email@example.com or P.O. Box 4552, Greensboro, N.C. 27404. Please list “INTERNSHIP” in the subject line of any email communication. (ONGOING LISTING)