There's nothing better than a down-home cooked casserole from Recipes from Our Front Porch, the Hemlock Inn's cookbook.
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (11.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Cook broccoli until tender, according to package directions, and drain. Mix soup, onion, eggs, cheese, and mayonnaise and fold in thoroughly. Layer broccoli and sauce in greased casserole dish. Mix butter and breadcrumbs, and top casserole with breadcrumbs. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 – 30min.
Yield: 8 servings