Pick up some fresh Carolina peaches and make this simple summer appetizer.
- 1 pound peaches, chopped
- 1 small vine ripened tomato
- 3-4 green onions, chopped, including part of the green
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate. Can be kept for 3 days in a tightly covered container.
This recipe first appeared in Country Recipes and Other Interesting Stuff by Bob Holt, which was featured in the January 2012 issue of Our State. This cookbook was provided to Our State magazine as part of a call for community cookbooks. Please note, this recipe has not been tested by Our State.