From Hopewell Heritage Cookbook, this meatloaf is a tasty way to get in some veggies!
Vegetable Meat Loaf
- 1 package frozen green peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup oats, uncooked
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dry sage, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of garlic salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cheddar cheese slices
Mix all the ingredients together (except cheese slices), and blend well. Form into loaf, and put in a greased pan. Cook uncovered in 325° oven for 1 hour. Before serving, put slices of Cheddar cheese on top, and put back in oven until cheese melts. Serve hot or cold. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.