Try some of this delicious soup on a cold day from Recipes from Our Front Porch, the Hemlock Inn's cookbook.
- 2 small potatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 stems broccoli, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (16-ounce) block cheese, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups (approximately) whole milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole corn
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos
Saute potatoes and onion in butter. Add broccoli. Meanwhile, microwave evaporated milk and cheese 1 minute at a time. Stir after every minute until no lumps (about 4-5 minutes). To potatoes, onion and broccoli, add the remaining ingredients except cheese mixture. Warm thoroughly and add cheese mixture.
Yield: 12 servings
Author’s note: This is great to make in an electric cooking pot. We use Velveeta cheese product.