Image courtesy of North Carolina Christmas Tree Association
Create a holiday family tradition with a trip to the “Christmas Tree Capital of the US.” The NC High Country is known for small town Christmas parades, fantastic Christmas trees, and of course, snow!
- A two-night stay at select lodging partners in Boone, Blowing Rock, West Jefferson, and Wilkesboro.
- Up to a seven-foot tall Christmas tree at select Watauga County Choose & Cut Farms.
- $50 to Mast General Store, redeemable at the Original Mast General Store in Valle Crucis or the Mast General Store of Boone.
- Admission for four people to Grandfather Mountain. Visitors can enjoy the views from the mile high swinging bridge or visit the animal habitats and nature museum.
- Admission for four people to the Apple Hill Farm Christmas Tour.
Winter in the NC High Country offers plenty to do. Visit one of our three ski resorts or one of the largest snow tubing parks on the east coast. Enjoy endless winter views from the Blue Ridge Parkway while hiking or cross country skiing. If the outdoors aren’t for you, visit a world-class spa or winery and warm up by a wood-burning fire from your cabin in the mountains.
If you need help planning your holiday getaway, contact the High Country Host Visitor Center. Travel counselors can provide you with upcoming holiday events, Choose & Cut Christmas Tree packages, and insider reviews. You can even get help finding a Choose & Cut farm that offers hayrides, hot chocolate, and a custom-sized garland!
You can reach the High Country Host at (828) 264-1299 or view detailed holiday event information and package deals at MountainsofNC.com.