- 1 ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 – 1 ½ teaspoon prepared jerk paste, according to taste
- 3 cups N.C. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cups prepared barbecue sauce
- ½ cups mango chutney
- 1 (1-pound) package prewashed spinach leaves
- 2 cups diced mango
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cups roasted cashews
- ¼ cups chopped cilantro
Rub chicken thighs with jerk paste and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour – overnight.
Grill chicken on grill or in a grill pan until cooked through, approximately 20 minutes. Let rest until cool enough to handle. Slice chicken and set aside.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together sweet potato cubes, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast until potatoes are tender, about 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from sheet and let cool slightly.
Combine barbecue sauce and mango chutney in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Let cool to room temperature.
Place spinach leaves in a serving bowl. Spoon sweet potatoes into the center. Top with sliced chicken, mango, onion, and cashews. Drizzle with mango barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
– Recipe by Felice Bogus • Raleigh, North Carolina