Enjoy a getaway to Johnston County with:
- A two-night stay at the brand-new Hampton Inn & Suites in Benson, NC
- A day with Broadslab Distillery’s master distiller Jeremy Norris
- A $25 gift card to Redneck BBQ Lab in Benson
- A $25 gift card to Cornerstone Café in downtown Benson
- 2 tickets to the Tobacco Farm Life Museum in Kenly
- 2 tickets to the Ava Gardner Museum in Smithfield
- A gift basket featuring local food products from Johnston County
Johnston County, or “JoCo” to those in the know, is just 30 minutes east of Raleigh – far enough away to offer visitors the charm of farm life and small-town living! JoCo’s biggest draw is outlet shopping at the Carolina Premium Outlets, located at Exit 95 on I-95, which offer name brand stores like Coach, Nine West, Nike, and Polo at discounted prices.
In the southern part of the county Benson is home to Broadslab Distillery, offering tours and tastings of moonshine crafted by master distiller and owner Jeremy Norris. Broadslab is part of the JoCo Beer, Wine, and Shine Trail, a self-guided craft beverage trail covering 5 locations in the county. Also on the trail are regionally celebrated craft breweries Deep River Brewing and Double Barley Brewing, as well as award-winning Hinnant Family Vineyards and Gregory Vineyards.
To learn about our farming heritage, visit the Tobacco Farm Life Museum in Kenly. Long known as an agricultural center, Johnston County farms continue to thrive and welcome visitors. Explore the NC Civil War Trail that begins at the Bentonville Battlefield historic site and ends in Clayton, which boasts a vibrant downtown with local restaurants, shops, and even a cocktail lounge.
There is much to see and do in the county, we invite you to explore and get to know JoCo!