The winner will receive the following:
- Two nights lodging at The Pilot Knob Inn Bed and Breakfast
- Gift certificate to the Harvest Grill Restaurant at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson
- Gift certificate to Jolo Vineyards in Pilot Mountain
- Horseback riding for two at Bregmans Trail Riding or kayak/canoe rentals for two at Rocky Forest River Run
- Gift certificate to Skull Camp Brewing and The Smokehouse in Elkin
- Gift certificate for wine tasting at Round Peak Vineyards in Mount Airy
- Gift certificates to Old North State Winery in Mount Airy and Elkin Creek Vineyards in Elkin
Surry County is a vacation destination in the heart of North Carolina’s Yadkin Valley. More than a dozen of the 40-plus wineries in the Yadkin Valley are located in Surry County, making Surry the center of this popular wine region. Surry County is home to wonderful attractions, entertainment, breweries, and outdoor recreation.
Surry County is also rich in waterways: The Yadkin River, Mitchell River, Ararat River, and Big Elkin Creek all touch parts of the county as they meander through the Yadkin Valley. Together, these waterways provide a wealth of paddling opportunities throughout the county. Visitors can choose from expert outfitters for kayaking, canoeing, and tubing, or they can take advantage of launch points along the rivers to paddle their own vessels.