Editor’s Note: This recipe was originally published in May 2013.
Grilled Marinated Vegetables
- 4 zucchini squash, cut lengthwise
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 large banana pepper, quartered
- 4 yellow squash, cut lengthwise
- 1 large, sweet onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon black pepper
Arrange vegetables in a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish or plastic bag. Mix oil, lime juice, marjoram, and garlic. Pour over vegetables. Cover and let marinate for at least one hour, or longer if desired. If using plastic bag, flip bag several times while marinating. Remove vegetables from marinade; reserve marinade. Heat a charcoal grill to medium-hot heat. Grill vegetables on each side until lightly charred, brushing with marinade while cooking. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Serves 4.
Order a copy
To purchase North Carolina’s 4-H Centennial Cookbook, call (919) 515-1680 or visit go.ncsu.edu/4-h_centennial_cookbook.