- Two nights at The Martha Washington Inn & Spa, one of the Historic Hotels of America
- $100 spa credit at The Martha’s full-service day spa
- Breakfast for two at Sisters American Grill
- Romantic dinner for two at The Tavern
- Classic Southern brunch for two at Morgan’s
- Two tickets to the historic Barter Theatre, the state theater of Virginia
- Bike rental package for two for the Virginia Creeper Trail
- Wine tasting and tour for two at Abingdon Vineyards
For a charming weekend getaway, head to the artsy Blue Ridge Mountain town of Abingdon, Virginia. Known for its arts, history, and outdoor recreation, Abingdon was named the Best Small-Town Food Scene in the country by USA Today.
Enjoy unbelievable scenery on the Virginia Creeper Trail, a 34-mile-long biking trail that winds through Jefferson National Forest. After your ride, relax at The Martha Washington Inn & Spa, a historic Four-Diamond inn on Main Street. Take in a show at the historic Barter Theatre, which was founded in 1933 during the Great Depression, when actors originally bartered an evening’s entertainment for food.
Explore Abingdon’s award-winning food scene, which includes the iconic Tavern restaurant, constructed in 1778. Today, the restaurant offers fine dining with a German twist. And be sure to stop by Morgan’s, Abingdon’s hottest new restaurant, offers classic Southern and American dishes paired with a true locavore sensibility. Finally, sample wines at Abingdon Vineyards, located on the banks of the South Holston River, and learn how the owners are applying their Napa Valley training to Abingdon’s unique microclimate.