Enter to win a weekend trip for four to the NC Yam Festival in Tabor City, North Carolina, October 26–28, 2018. Stay at a bed-and-breakfast and enjoy all the festival has to offer, as well as meals at local restaurants and gift baskets from Tabor City businesses. The winner will receive:
- A two-night stay at Dixie Belle Place bed-and-breakfast
- A $50 voucher for dinner at Todd House on Friday evening, October 26, 2018
- A $40 voucher for breakfast at Mama’s Restaurant on Saturday morning, October 27, 2018
- A $50 voucher for dinner at Adam’s Seafood & Steaks on Saturday evening, October 27, 2018
- A gift basket from Ooh La La Gift Boutique
- A welcome basket from The Town of Tabor City and the NC Yam Festival
Tabor City, North Carolina, is known as the “Yam Capitol of the World”! Since 1948, our town has come together during the fourth weekend in October to celebrate the sweet potato harvest.
We celebrate the week as a community with a sweet potato cook-off, downtown decorating, an art show, pageant, Yam Bowl, and much more! The day of the festival, the downtown area is closed to traffic as we enjoy fun, food, and fellowship in the heart of Tabor City.
A highlight of the season is welcoming the many visitors the festival brings our way. Together, we kick off the parade, and then eat and shop while children explore the KidsZone.
The NC Yam Festival offers two stages with a variety of entertainment, including a Little Farmer and Farmerette contest. “Tabor’s Got Talent” is also a crowd favorite. Tabor City has so much to offer, and we look forward to showing off our Southern gem of a town.