Old-fashioned Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 cups potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1½ cups celery, chopped
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon pepper
Mix all ingredients except potatoes. Add potatoes and toss well. Chill before serving.
Order a copy
To purchase Southern Delights, send a check or money order for $19.50, plus $5 shipping and handling per book, to Martha E. Uzzle, P.O. Box 52013, Durham, N.C. 27717. Or, copies of the cookbook may be purchased at Southern Season in Chapel Hill.