Want to stay in the know with North Carolina’s latest events?
Subscribe to our We Live Here newsletter!
North Carolina Breweries Win Big
Here are the North Carolina craft breweries that brought home awards from the Great American Beer Fest, a national beer competition in Denver, Colorado.
- Sour Brown Aged on Palo Santo by Hi-Wire Brewing — Asheville. Category: Wood- and Barrel-Aged Sour Beer
- Cruise to Nowhere by Town Brewing Co. — Charlotte. Category: Contemporary Gose
- ESB by Hillman Beer — Asheville. Category: Extra Special Bitter
- Outraged Daughters by Wise Man Brewing — Winston-Salem. Category: Irish-Style Red Ale
- Belgian Dubbel by Sugar Creek Brewing Co. — Charlotte. Category: Belgian-Style Dubbel
- Mimosa Gose by Pilot Brewing Co. — Charlotte. Category: Contemporary Gose
- Sliding Rock by BearWaters Brewing Co. — Canton. Category: English-Style Mild Ale
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Lady In Red by Bombshell Beer Co. — Holly Springs. Category: Wood- and Barrel-Aged Beer
- Reserve Doree by The Chamber by Wooden Robot Brewery – Charlotte. Category: Wood- and Barrel-Aged Sour Beer
- Triple-Whirl by 217 Brew Works — Wilson. Category: Belgian-Style Tripel
- Dunkel Bock by Pilot Brewing Co. — Charlotte. Category: Bock
- Citra Acid Test by Triple C Brewing — Charlotte. Category: American-Style Sour Ale
Ocean Isle Beach: North Carolina Oyster Festival
What: Taste award-winning seafood, participate in an oyster-eating contest or cook-off, and enjoy live performances during this festival in Ocean Isle Beach.
When: October 19-20
Where: 3 West Third Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC
For more information, visit ncoysterfestival.org.
Lincolnton: Apple Festival
What: “An apple a day” includes pie, right? Delight in apple cider, apple pies, and other yummy treats in downtown. There will also be games, crafts, and other food.
When: October 19
Where: West Main Street, Lincolnton, NC 28092
For more information, visit lincolncountyapplefestival.com.
Raleigh: Our State Public House
What: You can try North Carolina craft beer, wine, and cider at the NC State Fair starting on Thursday!
When: October 17-27
Where: North Carolina State Fairgrounds Campground, 801 Youth Center Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606
For more information, visit ncstatefair.org.
Asheville: The Craft Fair of the Southern Highlands
What: Artists and makers will exhibit a variety of crafts, from traditional to contemporary works, at this 72nd annual craft fair at the U.S. Cellular Center in Asheville.
When: October 17-20
Where: 87 Haywood Street, Asheville, NC 28801
For more information, visit southernhighlandguild.org.
Morganton: Phillip Epley in Morganton
What: Meet Morganton’s local celebrity, Phillip Epley, at Brown Mountain Bottleworks. Be sure to bring your Our State mag for him to sign!
When: October 16
Where: 115 East Union Street #3447, Morganton, NC 28655
For more information, visit facebook.com/events.
Statesville: Carolina Balloon Festival
What: Take to the skies or watch colorful hot-air balloons at this festival in Statesville on October 18 and 19. Meet pilots, sample wine and beer at a tasting garden, enjoy live music, and browse vendors at an artisan marketplace.
When: October 18-19
Where: 260 Hangar Drive, Statesville, NC 28677
For more information, visit carolinabaloonfest.
For our full list of October events, check out our Carolina Calendar.