- 2½-pound fryer chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ¾ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 small jar sliced pimentos
- 2 boxes frozen broccoli stalks, cooked, drained, and torn into strips
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
Boil chicken, covered with water, until done. Remove chicken from bone, and set aside. Boil noodles in chicken broth; drain. Sauté onion, celery, and green pepper in margarine. Add cooked vegetables and pimentos to cooked noodles. In a greased casserole dish, layer broccoli, noodles, and chicken. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Bake at 350° until heated through.
Additional recipes from Centennial Cookbook that appeared originally with this one:
London Broil Marinade
To order a copy of Centennial Cookbook contact Gayle Hughes at (336) 656-3256.