Shredded French Dip Sandwiches
- 1 (3-pound) beef chuck roast, boneless
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed beef consommé
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 8-10 French or Italian rolls
- Swiss cheese, grated, to taste
- Green peppers, sliced, to taste
- Onion, chopped, to taste
To Crock-Pot, add chuck roast, French onion soup, beef consommé, beef broth, and beef bouillon. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Shred meat with fork, and put on rolls. Add cheese, green peppers, and onions to taste. Use juices from Crock-Pot to dip sandwiches.
— Kim Cranford
For the Children
This past school year, 1,640 Cabarrus County schoolchildren walked out of the Junior Charity League of Concord’s Clothing Room with new jeans, shirts, uniforms, shoes, socks, coats, and gloves. Starting this month, probably that many more will turn to the charity for help getting dressed for school.
One of the ways the league pays for its biggest project is with proceeds from its cookbook, For the Children.
Founded in 1930 to feed schoolchildren whose families were hard hit by the Depression, the Junior Charity League has produced seven cookbooks since 1941. The most recent edition was published in 2010.
To order a copy, contact the Junior Charity League office at (704) 652-0669 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional recipes from For the Children that appeared originally with this one:
Fried Green Tomatoes