Mayberry, Music, and More!
Delight in the small-town charm of Mount Airy as we explore the area and the music that helped inspire The Andy Griffith Show‘s Mayberry.
July 28-30, 2017
- Two nights’ accommodations at the newly renovated Hampton Inn Mount Airy
- Friday night welcome reception at the Mount Airy Museum of Regional History, catered by Old North State Winery
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday
- Saturday lunch at Snappy Lunch
- Saturday dinner at Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards
- All sightseeing and admissions per itinerary
- Tour and talk at the Andy Griffith Museum starring Neal Brower, author of Mayberry 101: Behind The Scenes of a TV Classic, and Betty Lynn, the actress who played Barney’s girlfriend, Thelma Lou
- Snappy Lunch
- Private talk on Mount Airy musical legends, a flat-foot dancing demonstration, and the opportunity to listen to live bands at Merry-Go-Round, the second-longest live radio broadcast in the nation, at Historic Earle Theater and Old Time Heritage Hall
- Bus tour of Mount Airy, featuring Andy Griffth’s homeplace and stops at Wally’s Service Station and the Granite Quarry
- Time for shopping the unique shops along Main Street
For the full weekend schedule, click here.