Join Our State and NC Modernist Houses for a day of touring new and renovated Modernist homes.
March 23, 2019
8am – 6pm
Starting and Ending Point: Sheraton Imperial Hotel, 4700 Emperor Blvd., Durham, NC 27703
- • Deluxe motor coach transportation
- • Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks will be provided
- • Meet and greet with select architects and designers
Homes on the Tour:
- • Cassilhaus, Durham, designed by Ellen Cassilly, built by Leon Meyers/BuildSense
- • The Farahany/Loder House, Durham, designed by Phil Szostak
- • The Laurel Hills House, Raleigh, designed and built by Tonic Design, Katherine Hogan and Vinny Petrarca
- • The Fadum House, Raleigh, a classic mid-century modern designed by James Fitzgibbon, renovation/addition by Brian Shawcroft
- • The Henry Kamphoefner House, Raleigh, a classic mid-century modern designed by Henry Kamphoefner and George Matsumoto. Plus, it’s the only house in North Carolina where Frank Lloyd Wright spent the night.
- • The Gant Renovation, Durham, designed by Coby Linton
- • The Stimmel House, Raleigh, designed by in situ studio, Erin Sterling Lewis and Matt Griffith
- • The Chappell Smith House, Raleigh, designed and built by Raleigh Architecture, Craig Kerins and Robby Johnston
- • The Tower Road Project, Raleigh, first of four new houses designed and built by Will Alphin
There will be two buses on a 45-minute staggered schedule throughout the day. One bus departs at 8:00am and returns by 5:00pm; the other departs at 8:45am and returns by 5:45pm.