- A complimentary two-night stay at the Historic Brookstown Inn, including daily breakfast buffet, nightly wine and cheese reception in the evening, and cookies and milk at bedtime.
- A guided tour of Mrs. Hanes’ Moravian Cookies. Watch as these “artists in aprons” hand-roll, hand-cut, and hand-package each of their six flavors of Moravian cookies, one of Oprah Winfrey’s “favorites.”
- Two passes to explore historic Old Salem Museums & Gardens, one of America’s most comprehensive living history attractions celebrating its 250th anniversary.
- A $50 gift certificate to Dewey’s Bakery, whose Moravian baked goods have been a treasured tradition since the bakery opened in downtown Winston-Salem in 1930.
- A $50 gift certificate to dine at the Tavern in Old Salem.
- Enjoy a locally hand-crafted gift basket filled with an assortment of Moravian cookies.
Take a bite of Winston-Salem’s history along the Moravian Cookie Trail. Spend a day strolling the charming cobblestone streets of Old Salem and savor the fresh baked breads and cakes from an 1800 wood-fired oven at Winkler Bakery –the oldest continually operating bakeries in America – where countless tins of cookies line the walls.
Get hands-on at Mrs. Hanes’ Moravian Cookies as “artists in aprons” hand-roll, hand-cut and hand-package each batch of flavorful cookies. Such diligence is what landed these flavorful delicacies onto “Oprah’s Favorites” holiday list.
Spend a day discovering our charming collection of historic homes and heirloom gardens dating back to 1753. Dig in to Winston-Salem’s cultural roots and uncover what makes this city “Your Southern Wake-Up Call.” To learn more about things to do in Winston-Salem this fall, visit our website, VisitWinstonSalem.com, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.