1. Stomp your foot and make your way to one of North Carolina’s fiddle festivals.
2. Enjoy the fresh air and live music at an outdoor concert.
- Tiki Pier, Carolina Beach
- Merlefest, Wilkesboro
- Shakori Hills, Pittsboro
- Alive After 5, Charlotte
- Downtown After 5, Asheville
- Sundown in Downtown, Benson
- N.C. Art Museum Summer Concert Series, Raleigh
- Duke Gardens Music in the Gardens Series, Durham
- NC Brewers and Music Festival, Huntersville
3. Pack some treats and visit a drive-in movie.
6. Grab the arm of a friend and take a haunted tour, if you dare.
7. TGIF! Head over to a downtown festival and start your weekend right.
- Fourth Friday, Fayetteville
- First Friday, Greensboro
- First Friday, Manteo
- First Friday, Raleigh
- First Friday, Southern Pines
- First Friday, Winston-Salem
8. Come with an empty stomach and celebrate food across North Carolina.
- Cape Fear BBQ Festival, Cape Fear
- Ham and Yam Festival, Smithfield
- North Carolina Blackberry Festival, Lenoir
- North Carolina Pickle Festival, Mt. Olive
- North Carolina Potato Festival, Elizabeth City
- North Carolina Strawberry Festival, Chadbourn
- North Carolina Wine Festival, Clemmons
- Roasting of the Hog, Beech Mountain
- Salute! N.C. Wine Celebration, Winston-Salem
- Twin City RibFest, Winston-Salem
- Wine and Food Festival, Wilmington
9. Make sure you have a camera handy on your next movie tour.
10. Cheer on a professional N.C. soccer team.