Apples, Taters, and Chops Casserole
- Canola oil
- 6 center-cut, 1-inch-thick pork chops, bone-in
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 apples, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, or your favorite, cored
- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Pour a little canola oil in a hot skillet, and brown the chops. Remove, and set in a 9-inch x 13-inch casserole dish; sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Place the apples and sweet potato slices over the chops, and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Sauté the onion in the hot skillet, adding the wine and Worcestershire sauce. Pour onion mixture over the apples, potatoes, and chops. Cover, and bake at 375° for 1½ hours.
This recipe comes from Country Recipes and Other Interesting Stuff by Bob Holt. Read more about it here.