Black Bean Salsa
- 2 11-ounce cans black beans, drained
- 1 10-ounce can shoepeg corn, drained
- ¼ cup green chilies, chopped(if buying fresh, Anaheims and Poblanos tend to be a bit milder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 12-ounce jar mild picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours. Serve with tortilla chips or as salsa for taco salad. Makes about 5 cups.
This recipe first appeared in the September 2006 issue of Our State magazine and it comes from, A Pinch of Gold by Special Olympics North Carolina, Raleigh, 2002, $19.95.