Picnic Pasta Salad
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. bowtie or shell pasta (4 cups)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ lb. slice ham
- ¼ lb. sliced salami or pepperoni
- ¼ lb. provolone or mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
Cook pasta until tender; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well. In large bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, ham, salami, cheese, garlic, and oregano. Add Italian salad dressing and mix well. Cover and refrigerate to cool. Serves 10.
Note: When ready to serve you may want to add more salad dressing.
This cookbook was provided to Our State magazine as part of a call for community cookbooks. Recipes and Remembrances: A Penderlea Homestead Collection. Willard, N.C. 2008. Recipe by Walker. To order this cookbook visit, penderleahomesteadmuseum.org.