Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices (1¼ cups)
- 1-2 yellow squash, cut into
- ¼-inch-thick slices (1¼ cups)
- 1 large leek* or onion, cut into
- ¼-inch-thick slices (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Combine the zucchini, yellow squash, leek, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl, and toss well to coat. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, bread crumbs, cheese, thyme, and garlic in a bowl, and mix well. Sprinkle evenly over the vegetables. Bake, covered, at 425° for 10 minutes. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
*To prepare leeks, trim so that only the white and pale green parts remain. Cut lengthwise, and rinse under cold, running water to remove sand and grit.