Apple Cider Pork Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots cut into half-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Cut meat into 1-inch cubes. In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, apple, celery, and tapioca. Stir in apple cider, salt, caraway seeds, and pepper. Cover, and cook on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
This recipe first appeared in Our State magazine in March 2005.