Crab and Artichoke Dip
- 1 ½ teaspoon oil
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces fresh or pasteurized crab meat
- salt to taste
- ½ cup sliced almonds (optional)
Sauté red bell pepper in oil for 3 minutes. Add sautéed pepper and remaining ingredients except crab and almonds to small, greased, baking dish. Mix well. Gently blend in crab. Season to taste. Top with almonds if desired. Can refrigerate at this point. Bake at 375º for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Tip: May also be used as stuffing or mushroom caps.
This recipe was provided by The Fresh Market and Friends (produced by The Fresh Market, Greensboro, N.C. 2003, $19.99) and appeared in Our State’s April 2007 issue.