English Pea Casserole
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 2 (15-ounce) cans green peas, drained
- ⅓ cup pimentos, chopped
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) can mushrooms
- Buttered bread crumbs, cornbread dressing, or cheese to top
Sauté onions, peppers, and celery in butter or margarine. Add to peas. Stir in pimentos, mushroom soup, and mushrooms. Place in 2-quart casserole dish. Top with buttered bread crumbs, cornbread dressing, or cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes until heated through.
To order a copy of Recipes and Remembrances contact Al Owens at (910) 259-7984 or firstname.lastname@example.org.