- 1 small head Romaine lettuce
- 2 celery ribs, including tops, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 small green bell peper, cut into strips
- Dressing (recipe follows)
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Kalamata olives to taste
Break lettuce into small pieces. Combine with celery, onions, cucumber, tomato, and bell pepper. Add just enough dressing to lightly coat ingredients. Garnish salad with cheese, olives, and anchovies.
Greek Salad Dressing
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano, crushed
Combine oil, vinegar, salt, garlic, and oregano in a covered container. Shake to blend well. Shake before using.
This recipe first appeared in the September 1995 issue of Our State.