Hot Fruit Compote
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (30-ounce) can sliced peaches
- 1 (29-ounce) can pears
- 1 (16-ounce) can grapefruit sections
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
Drain fruits, place in 11×14-inch baking dish. Pour orange juice over fruits, spoon pie filling over all. Bake covered, in 325° oven for 30 minutes.
Note: Serve plain, with cake, or ice cream.
This recipe by Doris P. Crocker appears in the Hopewell Heritage Cookbook.