Salsamole con Camarones
Serves 10 to 12.
- ½ pound cooked shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, preferably Haas, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomato (or prepared chunky salsa)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- cilantro sprigs for garnish
- blue corn tortilla chips
Combine first nine ingredients in a medium bowl until just mixed. Mixture should be nice and chunky. Place mixture in a small serving bowl; add garnish if desired. Place bowl on platter, and surround it with blue corn tortilla chips. Cover any remaining salsamole with plastic wrap pressed flat against the dip (so that air will not oxidize avocado and turn it brown), and refrigerate.
Recipe first appeared in the April 2007 issue of Our State.