Are you looking for the perfect Southern pimento cheese recipe? Try this one from the Southern Delights cookbook.
- 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Vermont Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 drops Texas Pete (or Tabasco)
- ¼ teaspoon Spice Island Beau Monde seasoning
- White vinegar
- 7-ounce jar chopped red pimientos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash of cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a food processor. Start with 1 teaspoon vinegar, add up to 1 tablespoon, to taste. Use pimento juice to soften mixture. Enjoy your Southern pimento cheese.
Order a copy
To purchase Southern Delights, send a check or money order for $19.50, plus $5 shipping and handling per book, to Martha E. Uzzle, P.O. Box 52013, Durham, N.C. 27717. Or, copies of the cookbook may be purchased at Southern Season in Chapel Hill.