- 2½ pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of cheese soup
- 1 (3-ounce) jar bacon bits
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook potatoes and onion in chicken broth until tender. Whisk canned soups together; stir into potatoes and chicken broth. Add bacon bits and red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until creamy.
Order a copy
To purchase Recipes & Remembrances: Croom Family Cookbook, call Diane Johnson at (252) 286-8477.