Yield: 2 pounds.
12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
12 ounces German’s sweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
2 cups marshmallow creme
4½ cups sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 cups nuts, coarsely chopped
1. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or pan, or mist with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the unmelted semisweet chocolate, German’s chocolate, and marshmallow creme.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, salt, butter, and evaporated milk to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 1 minute. Reduce the heat and simmer 7 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour the hot syrup over the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in the nuts.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Let stand undisturbed at room temperature until firm, preferably overnight.
5. Cut the fudge into small squares. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Some people prefer the texture of this fudge chilled after it’s cut.