1. Fuel your wild side at the Carolina Tiger Rescue, a nonprofit wildlife sanctuary whose mission is saving and protecting wild cats. 2. At lunchtime head to Hillsboro Street. First explore
1. Fuel your wild side at the Carolina Tiger Rescue, a nonprofit wildlife sanctuary whose mission is saving and protecting wild cats.
2. At lunchtime head to Hillsboro Street. First explore Pittsboro’s beloved bookstore, Circle City Books and Music. This small shop offers an outstanding literary selection with monthly readings from authors. Check out the specials on the cart outside the door, and find a great deal on a rare book. Then bring along your sweet tooth and sense of nostalgia to S&T Soda Shoppe.
3. You’ll recognize his suspenders and fine handlebar mustache from his hit PBS show. Roy Underhill is a man everyone in Pittsboro knows. Visit The Woodwright’s School & Tool Shop and make sure to go upstairs for antique tools, including planes, saws, and everything else.
4. Most everyone likes honey and wine separately. But what about as one product? Becky and Ben Starr think it’s a good idea, so they opened Starlight Mead and craft homemade meads for everyone. Try cranberry orange, sweet peach, and spiced apple.
5. Gear up your taste buds for a delicious dinner at Postal Fish Company. The owners of Postal Fish Company delight in introducing Pittsboro diners to lesser-known (but mighty tasty) fish from North Carolina waters, and the result is a sustainable menu that changes with the tides.