Yield: 2 dozen pieces.
24 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
12 ounces milk chocolate morsels
½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325º. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Mist the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange the crackers in a single layer on the pan.
3. In a microwave-safe glass bowl, microwave the butter and brown sugar on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, or until sugar melts, stirring occasionally. Pour the hot butter mixture over the crackers.
4. Bake 15 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the chocolate morsels evenly on top, and let stand until melted, one to two minutes. Spread the melted chocolate over the surface. Sprinkle evenly
5. Cover and chill at least two hours. Break into pieces. Store refrigerated
in an airtight container.
Hint: You can double or triple this recipe to fill a rimmed baking sheet.