Click here to learn more about author Kelly Alexander, who wrote the book on peaches (really, it’s called Peaches) and find one of her recipes below.
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pound peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1½ pounds tomatoes, such as homegrown heirlooms, of different sizes and colors, large ones diced and small ones halved
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves or torn basil leaves
In a large bowl, combine onion, peaches, and tomatoes. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over fruit mixture, then add feta and basil and gently toss. Serve immediately. Yields 4-6 servings.