Wildcat Rib Rub by Jimmy the B
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted*
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted*
- 2½ pieces dried chipotle peppers, toasted* and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes, diced, not packed in oil (optional)
- 2½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon powdered mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black peppercorns
Place all the ingredients in a food processor or spice grinder, and pulse until the spices are well blended. Remove the large pieces of sun-dried tomatoes, if using. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
*To toast the cumin and coriander seeds, place a small skillet over medium heat. Add the seeds (do this in separate batches) and toast, shaking the pan occasionally, until the spices are fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a heatproof bowl to cool completely. To toast the dried chipotle peppers, place them in a dry skillet over moderate heat for 1 to 2 minutes, watching carefully so they don’t burn.