- 3 pounds large-headed shrimp, rinsed well
- 1 bottle of beer
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 small handful fresh celery leaves
- 2 quarts water, just enough to cover shrimp
Place all ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan. Turn the top burner on high heat, and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Occasionally stir the shrimp from the bottom up, so they cook evenly. After 7 to 8 minutes, everything should get foamy, and the shrimp should turn bright red. It could take a few more minutes, but do not over cook. Turn the heat off, and let them sit for 20 seconds. Remove from stove, and quickly rinse in cold water.
25 Secrets Revealed: A Culinary Tour can be purchased by contacting Kevin McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (252) 995-4788.