1. Take a
bike ride along the coast at sunrise or sunset.
2. Dance to live music with a fresh, tropical cocktail in hand at
Tiki Pier at Carolina Beach.
3. Catch, clean, and cook fish at
Jennette’s Pier in Nags Head.
Hang glide above the sandy dunes at Kitty Hawk.
5. Wander through
Fort Macon State Park and take in some history and vitamin D.
6. Travel back in time and explore preserved buildings at historic
7. Surround yourself with the drama and mystery at a performance of
The Lost Colony.
8. Have your camera ready when you come across
wild mustangs in the dunes of Corolla.
Take a ferry and cut across the waves en route to the sandy beaches of the Crystal Coast.
10. Climb to the top of a
lighthouse and take in the view.
Discover more ways to get outdoors in North Carolina by clicking the circles below.
Do you have another suggestion? Write to us in the comments section below!