1. Take a bike ride along the coast at sunrise or sunset.
2. Dance to live music with a fresh, tropical cocktail in hand at Tiki Pier at Carolina Beach.
3. Catch, clean, and cook fish at Jennette’s Pier in Nags Head.
5. Wander through Fort Macon State Park and take in some history and vitamin D.
6. Travel back in time and explore preserved buildings at historic Corolla Village.
7. Surround yourself with the drama and mystery at a performance of The Lost Colony.
8. Have your camera ready when you come across wild mustangs in the dunes of Corolla.
9. Take a ferry and cut across the waves en route to the sandy beaches of the Crystal Coast.
10. Climb to the top of a lighthouse and take in the view.
Discover more ways to get outdoors in North Carolina by clicking the circles below.