1. Pack your lunch and an extra towel when you raft on the French Broad River.
2. Grab a pair of binoculars and take a nature cruise along the Black River.
3. Glide across the water and look up at the stars on a night paddle trip with Frog Hollow Outdoors.
4. Explore well-stocked waters and gorgeous settings while fly fishing in Western N.C.
5. Who needs a fancy pool? Throw off your inhibitions and jump in a swimming hole.
6. Take a ferry and travel with diverse wildlife along the Great Dismal Swamp.
7. Catch a salty breeze while sea kayaking with Barrier Island Kayaks.
8. You can’t beat an early morning sunrise while canoeing Lake Waccamaw.
9. When rolling the windows down won’t cut it, cool off in the water along the Waterfall Byway in Western N.C.
10. Work up an appetite kayaking Merchants Millpond and then set up camp for a night beneath the Carolina moon.
Discover more ways to get outdoors in North Carolina by clicking the circles below.